Via taste test

I wrote last Monday that my officemate, Gay, gifted me with four sticks of Starbucks Via (see here), and that I would be posting something after I've tried them all.

rszDSC_4255

So here's the order in which they were consumed and my thoughts about each. A general note, though: in all four instances, I added creamer and a little more sugar to suit my taste. I like my coffee creamy, that's why. While flavored, this batch of Via was black. 3-in-1 - probably - but the third was not creamer but the flavoring.

rszDSC_4273
I instantly loved this. The caramel flavor was simply bursting in my mouth. It's strong, yes, but to me it was perfectly balanced by the caramel. Easily one of my favorites.

rszDSC_4265
Next I tried Mocha, which I am predisposed to like. But I must say, I loved the Caramel better. Maybe I was looking for something milkier, which wasn't the case. It was thin when I expect my mocha to be thick. The creamer I added did little to help.

rszDSC_4267
Cinnamon was next in line. I was right about it having the potential to be my least favorite given my aversion toward cinnamon (but ironically I love cinnamon rolls!). And this is my first Via ever that I didn't finish. I just couldn't. The cinnamon was so strong but hey, some people may like that. To each his own.

rszDSC_4271
I saved for last what I expected to be the best. I love vanilla but just like my Mocha experience, I was looking for that rich, creamy texture that wasn't there. To be fair, the vanilla was there. I just think it was easily overpowered by the bitterness of the coffee that they used. Sorry but I miss the long extinct Cafe Vanilla at Delifrance much more.

So my favorite of the bunch was Caramel. But still it failed to live up to the hype I've created in my mind. If these Via variants are made available here in the Philippines, I'd probably buy but only on occasion. I'd say that for the most part, I'd still stick to my tried-and-tested Columbia or Italian Roast with added sugar and creamer. Speaking of which, I think I'll have one right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler