[Lookbook 05.11-14.2012] Backpacking and beach bumming

rszDSC_1007adj1

While summer is just starting in other parts of the globe, the rainy season has already kicked in here in the Philippines. While I don't necessarily hate the rain, I miss the sun. Good thing I made just one last trip to the beach last month. But traveling alone presented a slight problem in who's gonna take my pictures.

The solution came in the form of a tripod and my driver/guide in Siquijor, so I was able to bring home photos for a lookbook post.

Day 1
En route to Siquijor I was in shorts, a tee, and a pair of Sanuks. But once I hit the beach, it was swim shorts all the way.

rszDSC_1010adj1

Good thing these shorts still fit me because I like them the way they are: short and comfy. And who could go wrong with wearing a black tank top with them?

rszDSC_1009adj1
rszDSC_1015adj1

Day 2
On my second day I went on a day-long tour around the island in neon swim shorts, ready to jump into any body of water that I find inviting. And violet looks good with pink, doesn't it?

rszDSC_1085adj1

One of the straps of my flip-flops snapped. Luckily I brought along my trusty yet rarely-worn rubber sandals. I also liked it that the backpack I bought had a detachable ascent pack, which served as my bag throughout this tour.

rszDSC_1091adj1
rszDSC_1237adj1
rszDSC_1084adj1

Day 4
I realized I didn't have a picture of myself on Day 3. Day 4, I was back with my backpack and Sanuks all the way from my resort in Siquijor, to the ferry ride to Dumaguete, and up to my flight back to Manila.

rszDSC_1347adj1
rszDSC_1350adj1

In the meantime, it feels good to just stay in bed in this rain.
_________________
Day 1: tank top (Penshoppe); swim shorts (Marks & Spencer); sunnies (i2i). Day 2: printed sleeveless shirt (People R People); neon swim shorts (SM Department Store); sandals (Tribu); ascent pack (part of 50-liter backpack, Conquer). Day 3: t-shirt (Penshoppe); walking shorts (Bench); footwear (Sanuk); watch (Timex); backpack (Conquer).

Comments

  1. Good lookbook :)

    http://mw-maleworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are really great and these outfits absolutely nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great travel!!!
    i want to be like you in the first pic!!!

    Love your pink shorts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - the first pic, the epitome of laziness?

      Delete
  4. Often paradise,
    I love he look's .

    Regards from

    http://www.thetrendysurfer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. No matter! Here in Italy is summer, but there has been an earthquake (so no joy) and the sky it's constantly covered with clouds all the time.

    Alessandro - http://www.thefashioncommentator.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, heard about that quake. my heart goes out to your people.

      Delete
  6. Great place!!! love the photos! ;)

    http://themadcreationist.blogspot.it/

    Kisses from Italy

    Giuseppe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler