My chat with American Idol alum Jessica Sanchez

American Idol Season 11 runner-up Jessica Sanchez is here in the Philippines for a Valentine's Day concert. As youth ambassador for Smart Communications, she's also been doing the rounds of meet-and-greet events, press conferences, and even a storytelling session with public school kids for Read to be Smart yesterday. She also dropped by our office this morning, and I got a chance to chat with her.

IMG_0975
Jessica Sanchez answering questions at our office lobby.

Me: Hi, Jessica!

Jessica: Hi!

M: Am I talking to Jessica Sanchez right now or is it Bebe Chez?

J: (laughs) It's Jessica. I'm feeling kinda shy right now.

M: Is that so? Hey, can you ask Bebe Chez if she knows BB Gandanghari?

J: Who?

M: Oh, never mind. Anyway, it's your second time in the Philippines, post-AI at least.

J: I know. And I'm having so much fun here.

M: How do you find it here? I mean, the last time you were with the whole Idol touring cast, so the experience must be different now.

J: Well, I'm still overwhelmed by all the attention. Still getting used to it, I guess. Before, I wasn't sure if people were actually excited about me or if it's the other artists.

M: Oh common! The Philippines loves you, are you kidding me?!

J: Thank you.

M: Did you know that Filipinos were actually voting for you even if we weren't allowed to vote?

J: What? How is that possible?

M: Magic Jack. Ask your mom about it. I'm sure she knows.

J: Hmn... I'm intrigued.

M: Do you still see Phillip Phillips?

J: No. I haven't seen him since the tour.

M: Do you resent him?

J: What? No! Of course not!

M: There was this moment during the finale when you wanted Phillip to kiss you.

J: What?

M: (shows her photo) Here, look. (In Ate Guy tone) I-deny mo 'yan!

jessica-philip.png

M: See? So what now?

J: (blushing) N-no, it wasn't that. Uh, I was just going to hug him, that's all.

M: Weh? Honestly?

J: Honestly, it's not what it looks.

M: Peksman?

J: Wha--

M: Never mind. Let's move on. Wait, I still can't move on. Do you find Phillip handsome?

J: (blushing, looking embarrassed) Well... y-y-yeah, I guess so.

M: Don't guess! Just say it! Why are stu-stu-stuttering?

J: (laughs) Alright, alright! Yes, he's handsome (smiles).

M: Who's handsome?

J: Phillip.

M: Complete sentence, please. Who's handsome?

J: Phillip Phillips is handsome. There, I said it (smiling, but looking embarrassed). Satisfied?

M: Very satisfied. I've just recorded it and I'll upload it on YouTube later. I'm gonna tag DeAndre.

J: What? Oh please don't.

M: Nah, I'm just messin' with you. So how's DeAndre?

rsz_me and jess1
Me waiting for Jessica to stand up so we can already have lunch.

J: (blushes, giggles) We're good.

M: Is his name really DeAndre or just Andre? I'm thinking he just added the 'The' to 'Andre' then changed it up later to 'De.' The-Andre. De-Andre.

J: (laughing hard) It's DeAndre.

M: Okay. What do you like in him?

J: Well, he's cute. He's got a really good voice. He's a gentleman and he just makes me feel loved.

M: (just looks at Jessica, almost not blinking)

J: W-What? (smiling)

M: I was just thinking how privacy is never a problem with you two.

J: Why is that?

M: I mean, you two could just make out anytime, anywhere because both your faces are gonna be completely covered by DeAndre's hair.

J: (laughs) That's silly! But wait, I never thought about that.

M: I imagine him being, like, I wanna kiss you right now. Quick, let's hide! And then you're already both covered.

J: (laughing hard) You're so weird.

M: Is he here with you in Manila?

J: Unfortunately, no.

M: Or are you hiding him in your hotel room? I'm gonna report him to the Immigration.

J: He's not here. (pauses) Nor there in my hotel room.

M: Why Colton? Why is he your guest performer at your concert and not DeAndre?

J: I don't know. Maybe the organizers can tell you.

M: When's your album coming out?

J: It's gonna be out real soon.

M: Soon. Soon. I'm tired of hearing soon. Why is it taking so long?

J: Well, the producers and I didn't want to rush it just for the sake of getting a record out.

M: 'Cause I'm starting to wonder if you just can't hit the notes right in the studio.

J: No! Of course I can. (straightens up, smug look) At least Bebe Chez can.

M: Fine. It better be good.

J: It will be.

M: Let's talk about your upcoming stint on Glee.

J: (lightens up) Yeah, I--

M: Okay, forget Glee. Tutal, I don't watch it anymore. Let's talk about... I don't know... your figure? Are you on a diet?

J: No. I actually eat a lot.

M: I don't believe you.

J: Seriously! I do!

M: You order extra rice?

J: Two extra rice!

M: Shut up!

J: I even go three sometimes.

M: Shut up! Show me!

J: Alright, let's go. I'm starving.

M: Well, you always look like you're starving. Let's go to JollyJeep.

J: Where's that?

M: 'Wag na maraming satsat. Just come with me.

**************
Jessica Sanchez performs in her first solo concert on Feb. 14, 2013 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. Fellow AI alum Colton Dixon is a special guest performer.

For tickets, go to ticketnet.com.ph


Special thanks to Jas Garcia. For what? Basta.

Comments

  1. I don't know who Jessica is but you sense of humor is just uber!
    Best Regards
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post & great interview !! xx

    thesoundofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowww cool!! what a great opportunity ;)

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tht's so great and it's à very interting interviex. Very nice post.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow your blog has quite changed! I love it still hehe :) interesting make over!
    thx so much for your comments :))
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler