For all things Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

There sure is a lot of buzz building up for the new Michael Bay-produced film adaptation of our beloved "heroes in a half-shell," the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. As it is, those tough green warriors are slowly making their way into mainstream consciousness once again after peaking in popularity in the 90s. But of course, fans would argue they never really left.

tmnt1
The turtles with Sensei Splinter.

Anyway, while that movie still has a long way to go as it hasn't even started shooting yet, fans can always get their fix of TMNT news or take comfort in the latest cartoon series on Nickelodeon, which acquired the rights to the franchise back in 2009. And just like the turtles, please do so with lots of pizza on hand.

There's also an unofficial fan site for all things TMNT including news, features, quotes, and more. To the uninitiated, you can introduce yourself to the world of Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello with short and comprehensive bios for each of the turtles. The site may be unofficial but it's owned and maintained by true fans who, without a doubt, know their stuff.

The site also maintains an online shop for various merchandise from T-shirts to Ninja Turtles action figures. If I had to start a collection, I must say I'd have to go with my favorite Raphael first, the team's very own bad boy.

But what got me really stoked is this TMNT Combat Gear Shell Backpack. Yes, I am in my 30s but I really want one (Oh, the kid in me!). I mean, it's a backpack in the mold of a turtle shell! Who wouldn't be excited? I have a backpack with faux spikes, so I guess a turtle shell shouldn't be such a farfetched idea. What's even cooler is that it comes with Raphael's Sai and Michelangelo's nunchaku. See for yourself.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler